Welcome

Today is the day we make our choices for tomorrow. English IV will be your last language arts class prior to graduation. This is the time to gain as many skills in writing, reading, and analyzing as you possibly can. Here on this blog spot, you are free to express yourself about the things we are studying. You are reminded about being appropriate to the school environment. I welcome your mature comments.

Expressing our views

Expressing our views

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Music to Thine Ears...

Today, we read several medieval ballads: "Lord Randall,"  "Edward, Edward," "Get Up and Bar the Door," "Sir Patrick Spens," and "Two Corbies."  Would most people find the ballads interesting?  Why? Which of the ballads did you enjoy most?  Why?  (Deadline to post a response to this blog question is midnight Thursday, February 2, 2012.)

6 comments:

md2 said...

I think people are more into modern day music and songs but I also think that some people would like them too. Some people would like them because some people are into different things. I liked the "Get Up and Bar the Door" because it was funny and i think pther people might like that one also because it sounds a little modern from reading it.

AB2ndBlock said...

I personally think that people in the world today would not find the ballads to be entertaing because it sometimes takes too long to get the point of the ballad. Songs today show meaning in the beginning most times. Also, people do not know most of the words that they use. I enjoyed " Get Up and Bar the Door" because it was easy to understand and funny. The husband and wife were two stubborn people.

KDJ3 said...

I do not think most people today would find the ballads interesting because I don't think many people today would understand them. My favorite ballad was "Get Up and Bar the Door" because I could see husbands and wives today being just as stubborn as they were in medieval times.

KatieB2 said...

I think that people would find the ballads strange more than they would interesting. I think they wouldn't really find them interesting because not everyone will see them in an artistic way because of our modern views. I enjoyed "Get Up and Bar the Door" the most because it made me laugh. To be honest, I never would have expected a song from thousands of years ago to make me laugh or to enjoy it.

KLMCB2 said...

In my opinion people have different taste and styles some people will like this sort of stuff and others will not. So yes I believe so. The ballad that I liked the most was the "Get Up and Bar the Door" for its comical sense. It made me laugh when the guy had to close the door and how the woman knew she would win. I really enjoyed this piece.

BGebbia-2 said...

I think that if the person understands and enjoys this kind of stuff then they would find it interesting. My favorite ballard is "Get Up and Bar the Door" because I understood it and I actually enjoyed it.